How we miss the great outdoors, a walk in the park, or simply being surrounded by nature. As the current situation is evolving and quarantine measures are extending indefinitely, looking after our well-being and the comfort of our home should be a priority and can be an added hobby to our daily routine.
There are a few things that can make taking care of yourself and your home to a whole new level. While there are restrictions going out, why not bring nature into your room or your home through “fostering” indoor plants. Having some leafy greens in your space is a great way to add some interior aesthetic, help you sleep better as well as purify the air in your living space from everyday pollutants.
Studies also show that interacting with indoor plants can reduce both physiological and psychological stress. Now is a great time to learn more about plant care and reap all of its health benefits. Here are some great indoor plants (that require minimal care and can survive almost anything):
1. Aloe Vera (The Plant of Immortality)
- Aloe Vera is not just easy to care for but also has countless medicinal uses. This plant only needs to be watered every once in a while, so don’t worry if the soil becomes very dry or leave it exposed to the sun by your windowsill. Aloe Vera is also best to keep in your bedroom as it emits oxygen at night, helping you get better sleep.
2. Snake Plant (Mother in Law’s Tongue)
- Don’t be fooled by the name, the Snake Plant naturally eases irritations, headaches and boost your energy levels. Like the Aloe Vera, the Snake Plant requires only minimal care, can survive in low light and water levels. It also removes toxins keeping the air inside your home clean. A perfect house plant!
3. English Ivy
- The English Ivy is a beautiful trailing vine that can up your home décor game instantly. Place them on top of shelves for a dramatic hanging effect. The English Ivy has been found to reduce airborne mold and is beneficial against irritations and allergies.
- Lavender exudes that relaxing lilac colour as well as gives off that subtle soothing scent. Lavender is another type of plant that helps lower stress and anxiety. It helps calm, slows the heart rate and boosts sleep quality.
- The Jasmine plant is a beautiful source of exotic fragrance in warmer climates. It has been found to have numerous herbal properties. Locate the plant in a sunny place to robust its growth as they also become rigorous climbers. Jasmine scent improves sleep, increases alertness and treats depression and anxiety.