With its diverse culture, stunning architecture and beachfront properties, Dubai takes you to the biggest man-made heaven that you can imagine of. With numerous touring spots and sightseeing attractions the city never ceases to amaze you.
From Downtown Dubai to the manmade Palm Jumeirah Island, one can see record breaking structures and entertainment places for people from all walks of life.
Of all the things, there is something about places with water that enchants folks from all age groups. It is fun, it is romantic and brings out peace and calm when in still form. Here’s a list of aquatic places in Dubai that you can enjoy with your loved ones on a holiday:
- Dubai Dolphinarium: Located in the Bur Dubai area, this is the first air-conditioned indoor dolphinarium in the entire Middle East. Dubai Dolphinarium consists of an impressive array of dolphins and seals. These friendly animals perform enchanting tricks and acrobatics that will make you squeal with delight. An indoor trampoline, a mirror maze and 5D and 7D cinemas are also part of the Dolphinarium.
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo: Housed within the Dubai Mall in Downtown Dubai, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo is easily one of the world’s largest aquariums. It holds over 33,000 marine animals, including the world’s largest collection of sand tiger sharks, saltwater crocodiles, clownfish and penguins. Children will enjoy the exclusive Mermaid Experience, which lets them dress up as a mermaid or pirate, while adventurers will enjoy the Shark Dive, Cage Snorkelling or Shark Encounter.
- The Dubai Fountain: Nestled in Downtown Dubai, The Dubai Fountain is the world’s largest choreographed fountain located in the picturesque Burj Khalifa Lake. The fountain stretches for over 270 metres and features a range of powerful water nozzles that shoot off in time with various melodies. It also boasts 25 colour projectors that help bring the water to life while you watch from the Dubai Fountain Boardwalk.
- Aquaventure Waterpark: The Palm Jumeirah is home to Aquaventure Waterpark which is spread over 17 hectares. The waterpark is a fun-filled aquatic adventure with high-speed water slides, including the hair raising Leap of Faith and Shark Attack, which zips you past an aquarium filled with sharks. Aquaventure Waterpark has calming river rides, a private beach, poolside cabanas and a children’s play area. Experience Shark Safari for a scuba diving experience or feed the friendly Cownose Rays.
- Dubai Marina Yacht Club: Walk among some of Dubai’s most elite and wealthy residents at the Dubai Marina Yacht Club, where million-dollar catamarans and yachts sit alongside promenades lined with alfresco cafes, bars and restaurants. There are four marinas, including the Club House Marina, East Marina and West Bay Marina that are beautiful at sunset. Head to the Mall Marina to browse international fashion brands at Dubai Marina Mall.
(Inputs from: Hotels Connected)